Knott's Coach Names?

Railroads not found at Disney parks
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Knott's Coach Names?

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

Can anyone tell me tha names of all the coaches on the Ghost Town & Calico Ry. at Knott's?

So far, I have:

Combine: Calico
Coach: Rockwood
Coach: Silverton
Coach: Royal Gorge.

Any others?
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
Castor Oil
Engineer

Post by Castor Oil »

If you're counting the "special" cars, there is the (remaining) parlor car "Durango" and business car B-20 "Edna," the personal car of RGS President Otto Mears. The "Calico" was formerly the Rio Grande parlor car "Chama" until rebuilt at Knotts some years ago.
[i]"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."[/i]
Rich Martin
Passenger

Post by Rich Martin »

Not one of my best shots but it was all I had for Knott's coaches. I hope it helps.

[img]http://static.flickr.com/63/197538965_a06ffdd456.jpg[/img]
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Thanks. I knew about B-20 Edna (never seen her looking so "blue" before!).

Specifically, I'm looking for the names of the coaches in service. I'm well aware that the names may be fictitious.
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
Bruce R Pier
1000 post Engineer

Post by Bruce R Pier »

As I recall the coaches that Walter Knott bought were used on the Rio Grande's two named passenger trains, the San Juan and the Shavano. When Al Perlman started cutting back service in the 1950's these cars became surplus and available.
FirehouseFivePlusTwo
Conductor

Post by FirehouseFivePlusTwo »

The San Juan coaches, save for the parlor cars, were unnamed in service on the D&RGW. The three coaches at Knotts are 310, 325, and 326.
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Then I guess I have all the names!

Combine 351, Calico
Coach 310, Silverton
Coach 326, Rockwood
Coach 325, Royal Gorge

That I remember, they also run a converted stock car and a converted gondola, along with caboose 0402. Does that sound about right?
Steve

disneywizard
Passenger

Re: Knott's Coach Names?

Post by disneywizard »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darryljame ... 839507925/

Circa 1960 photograph confirms the No. #103 "Calico" combination coach name and number.
Secrets of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye revealed!
Indiana Jones™ Discovers The Jewel of Power!
visit —(o=8> [url]http://disneywizard.com/[/url] <8=o)— visit
cornhusker
Passenger

Post by cornhusker »

I figured this is the best place to post this request. I have a itch to model the Knotts berry farm train and calico mine train.

Im not too worried about "prototypically correct" stuff. But if any one has clear pictures of the passenger cars painted green i would appreciate it. I plan on getting a Bachmann C-19 and am in the process of collecting LGB coaches. I have ordered the D&RGW passenger car decals with car names.

For the Calico train i plan on using a lgb porter like the "ruby" and using LGB 2 axle open gondolas for the calico cars. also clear pictures of the calico train cars would be nice too.

I can find pics of the locomotives online for everything but no one seems to like to take pictures of the cars.

in the past i have purchased rolling stock that required no modifications mostly because i have no modeling skill. But thats gonna change lol. What basic tools would you start off with? im guessing an airbrush kit, exacto knives and fine brushes would be a start. Anything else? thanks
Engineer for the BNSF since 2006
cornhusker
Passenger

Post by cornhusker »

cornhusker wrote:I figured this is the best place to post this request. I have a itch to model the Knotts berry farm train and calico mine train.

Im not too worried about "prototypically correct" stuff. But if any one has clear pictures of the passenger cars painted green i would appreciate it. I plan on getting a Bachmann C-19 and am in the process of collecting LGB coaches. I have ordered the D&RGW passenger car decals with car names.

For the Calico train i plan on using a lgb porter like the "ruby" and using LGB 2 axle open gondolas for the calico cars. also clear pictures of the calico train cars would be nice too.

I can find pics of the locomotives online for everything but no one seems to like to take pictures of the cars.

in the past i have purchased rolling stock that required no modifications mostly because i have no modeling skill. But thats gonna change lol. What basic tools would you start off with? im guessing an airbrush kit, exacto knives and fine brushes would be a start. Anything else? thanks
i meant "rusty" not "ruby"
Engineer for the BNSF since 2006