New Passenger Car Idea

Discussion about the Disneyland Railroad
Dakotah591
Passenger

New Passenger Car Idea

Post by Dakotah591 »

I was thinking to myself, there is only 4 sets of passebger cars and only 1 has the most capacity. Well, I thought maybe they could build a whole new set of passenger cars that could hold just as much people, have the same framing and look of retlaw 1, yet, would lean towards DLRP railroad rolling stock.

My plan would be very similar to the Paris rollingstock, but, with doors for the sides of the car (similar handles like on the new tram doors), different more comfortable U shaped seating desing, and a closer resemblance to retlaw 1, possibly naming this series 100 or 600 is varibale. If labeled 100 it could be painted the Lily Belles colors and run 5 cars with the observation car.
[color=#FFFF00]it all started with one man's dream, and his passion for trains.....[/color]
Roy
2000 post Engineer

Re: New Passenger Car Idea

Post by Roy »

It's been a long time since I've ridden the DRR, but isn't there a spiel played over a P.A., pointing out approaching sights of interest? Rearward-facing seats really wouldn't be consistent with that.
Dakotah591
Passenger

Post by Dakotah591 »

the U shaped seats are pointed towards the parks and the excursion has even the first seats of every facing each other. Its a combo between the Holidays and the Excursion.
IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Post by IDMT129 »

So why not just make cars similar to the DLPRR? The coaches at DLP look almost identical to RETLAW1. They have fancy lamps inside for lighting. I have rode in those cars on 2 different occasions. I think they look real nice and all, but I am happy with Disneyland's stock remaining as is. What works on one RR does not mean it will look right or work for another. Disneyland will never operate all 5 trains at once so why would they build a 5th consist? As they have stated before it is as simple as there is no more room in the barn and they aren't real big on retiring perfectly good equipment.