DRR Rail

Discussion about the Disneyland Railroad
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

DRR Rail

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

Did anyone see this?

Yep--a chunk of rail "allegedly" from DL sold on the Bay for $308.

Rail

Seriously??
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
ktulu
Fireman

Re: DRR Rail

Post by ktulu »

I'm going to start selling jars of air from Disneyland.
Blacksheep Uncle
Fireman

Post by Blacksheep Uncle »

I have heard of people that collect water from rides like PotC , small world and Jungle Cruise...maybe there is a market for that too?
mike
"A man came up to me and said, 'Isn't it sad Walt isn't alive to see this?' and I answered, 'He did, and that's why it's here.'" ----Art Linkletter, Disneyland, 7/17/05
Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Post by Locoboy5150 »

I'm not surprised at all. Some parks sell pieces of scrap wood from their roller coasters. Insane roller coaster enthusiasts (like myself) actually buy the stuff.

Before it closed forever in 1980, Frontier Village, a theme park in San Jose, California, used to sell little plastic bags of authentic dirt from the park. It was thought up in-house by the merchandising group and it was a huge hit in terms of sales numbers.

Parks will sell anything and everything.
"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

I'm not surpised by the sale; I'm surprised by the price.
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
DavisClydesdale
Passenger

Post by DavisClydesdale »

Steve DeGaetano wrote:I'm not surpised by the sale; I'm surprised by the price.
Did you expect it to be more or less?
-DavisClydesdale
Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Post by Locoboy5150 »

Steve DeGaetano wrote:I'm not surpised by the sale; I'm surprised by the price.
What? It's an absolute *STEAL* Steve! Shoot, the seller even said so in the item description:

"Solid steal actual piece of track that the Disneyland Railroad has actually ran on over probably millions of times loaded with guests"

:lol:

One thing that I would really think about before bidding on this or on any other similar DRR item is that there really is no solid way to authenticate it. The DRR uses standard rail that is not unique in any way. The certificate of authenticity that the seller provided is not from anyone officially associated with the DRR or trains and thus the seller does not really have any authority on whether it came from the DRR or not. They probably know a lot about Disneyland but what do they know about what type of rail is used on the DRR and whether this piece of rail for sale is of that type.

It's a perfect example of buyer beware and you'd have to trust the seller's word before even thinking about bidding on it. eBay feedback is all that you can go by and we've all seen and posted examples of eBay sellers that know absolutely nothing about what they're selling.
"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com
IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Post by IDMT129 »

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewima ... dfgtre.jpg

LoL! Like that piece of paper means anything.
Dave Van
Engineer

Post by Dave Van »

NOT in the habit of doing so on a regular basis.....but I could whip out a MUCH nicer COA in 5 minutes WITH gold heat seal etc......sounds like I need to sell my DRR ballast I have downstairs!!!!
Carowinds locomotive engineer 1975-76
24000 miles on Amtrak in words and pics
From 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016 trips!!!
http://www.currtail.com
IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Post by IDMT129 »

I am sure the dust from the sills of the Main Street Station will sell nicely. I have lots and lots of dirt from under the ballast laying around in my backyard too. I wonder if weeds from the berm will sell?