Great Thurl Revenscroft narration file

Discussion about the Disneyland Railroad
SPC
Passenger

Great Thurl Revenscroft narration file

Post by SPC »

Disregard if this has been posted before, but I just came across a recoding of the complete Thurl Ravenscroft narration, and it appears to be from the source audio.

Located here: https://disneychris.com/15-disneyland-s ... ter-2.html

You have to scroll all the way down to #97 - “Disneyland Railroad - 1990's Grand Circle Tour.”

There are also some other Disneyland Railroad files there, as well. On a related note, this fellow’s Disneyland music website is nothing less than amazing. He literally has hundreds and hundreds of songs and sounds.

Tom
Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Re: Great Thurl Revenscroft narration file

Post by Locoboy5150 »

Thanks for the link! The Thurl Ravenscroft spiel was always my favorite one.
"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com
S. Towler
2000 post Engineer

Post by S. Towler »

Wow, I haven't heard that narration that clear since hearing it live close to two decades ago. There was an audio file floating around that had chunks of the Thurl narration, some of it with a lot of background noise.

DisneyChris.com is a treasure trove of audio from Disneyland. The biggest drawback I have with the content (just like the RR narration) is he tends to over-edit the background audio. While neat for the full experience, it does take away from what is being presented from time to time. Probably an easy way to keep track of it getting reposted on YouTube and other places, knowing who's edit it is.
TFN5459
1000 post Engineer

Post by TFN5459 »

S. Towler wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:46 am Wow, I haven't heard that narration that clear since hearing it live close to two decades ago. There was an audio file floating around that had chunks of the Thurl narration, some of it with a lot of background noise.

DisneyChris.com is a treasure trove of audio from Disneyland. The biggest drawback I have with the content (just like the RR narration) is he tends to over-edit the background audio. While neat for the full experience, it does take away from what is being presented from time to time. Probably an easy way to keep track of it getting reposted on YouTube and other places, knowing who's edit it is.
Those were my thoughts as well, definitely wish there was the plain, unmixed track but overall I think that Disney Chris has done a wonderful job with the incredibly large library of Disney Parks audio. Also think it's pretty neat too that instead of generic train whistles and bells, the actually DRR locomotive sounds, at least in bells and whistles, were used. The 2017 Bob Joles narration track with the sound of the Ripley's bell and whistle however is a future that clearly has not happened as of yet.
TFN5459

"Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."