FTW RR Books are available....

Extinct railroad at Walt Disney World
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

FTW RR Books are available....

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Well, folks, finally got 'er done! :D

The Fort Wilderness Railroad books are available. Visit http://www.steelwheelonsteelrail.com and follow the links :!: :!:

If you get a copy, I hope you enjoy the fun! I tried to make them colorful and informative. My approach is a little "different".

David
-----------------------------
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing...W.E.D. The new Walt Disney World Railroad book is now available on Amazon!
Roy
2000 post Engineer

Re: FTW RR Books are available....

Post by Roy »

If I may ask, which volume contains the scale drawings?
Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Post by Locoboy5150 »

Woo hoo! I can't afford the FWRR models, but I can afford the books. Thanks a bunch for all your efforts David. :) At last, some good summer time reading material!
"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

I've stuck this at the top as an Anouncement.

I know what I'm getting for my birthday! :D
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
jazzfan4
2000 post Engineer

Post by jazzfan4 »

I hope I don't have to wait for my Birthday! :cry:
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Hi Roy,

The main volume (not companion) contains lineart showing many of the dimensions of the car and locomotive. I don't have "blueprint" type scale drawings in the book, if that's what you're seeking. If you're looking for large format blueprints, you might check with Michael Campbell. I'm sure he has a lot of detail due to his work with the Accucraft models.

I have enough info to produce large format blueprints, but that would have to be a "special project" due to the effort. Including "foldouts" with the book would have run the book cost way up. So I went with scale accurate "lineart" showing many dimensions. For modeling purposes, that should provide a great deal of good info.

A big challenge I had with the book was "where to cut..." I tried to keep the book to about 150 pages. I could easily have done 250-300 pages, but that would be getting out of hand. The book ended up being a balance of the story, the people, and the engineering. My approach is "different" and I realize that some may go for it and others will not like it. That's ok.

Thanks!
David
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing...W.E.D. The new Walt Disney World Railroad book is now available on Amazon!
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I hope you find the set both fun and informative! :D

And, Steve, thanks again for your encouragement. You got me passed the first author jitters!

For those of you attending the Carolwood Un-Meeting in October, many of the former cast members will be there as we celebrate with a "book signing." Jimmy Graves will be "interviewed" by Michael Broggie, and Bob Kelso will have his restored car there. It will be a Fort Wilderness weekend...hope to see you there.

David
Roy
2000 post Engineer

Post by Roy »

DavidLeaphart wrote: The main volume (not companion) contains...scale accurate "lineart" showing many dimensions. For modeling purposes, that should provide a great deal of good info...
Thanks, David.
You can't believe everything Steve D. says about me. :roll: I suspect, as you say, that your drawings will be fine for most modelmakers.
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Hi Roy,

Thanks. I think you will enjoy the books! and Steve D. has nothing but good things to say about you, right Steve! :)

David
mapper65
Brakeman

Post by mapper65 »

Received both books today. Very nice!!