Full colour Illustration

Extinct railroad at Walt Disney World
Casey Jones
Passenger

Full colour Illustration

Post by Casey Jones »

Hello,

I love the Wilderness Loco design and I'm thinking of doing a full colour Airbrush Illustration 3/4 view of the loco, please dare I ask is anyone has a good reference they could spare me to work from?

Sincerely

Tom
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Re: Full colour Illustration

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

Tom, I'm not sure what you mean by "reference," but this book, just out, should provide everything you need, as well as scale drawings to work from:

Fort Wilderness RR Book
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
Casey Jones
Passenger

Post by Casey Jones »

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I saw this book a few days ago and I would love to buy it but the cost plus shipping It to Scotland UK would be pretty expensive for me at present. As an artist I can thouroughly appreciate the work that dave has put into the illustrations. I shoould have been more specific in my request what I was hoping for was some good photo references.

Sincerely

Tom
jazzfan4
2000 post Engineer

Post by jazzfan4 »

Saddly the best photos of the Fort Wilderness Railroad went down with Dave Rose's website. I'd P.m. him and see if he will E-mail what you need.
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Casey Jones wrote:some good photo references
Hi Casey,

Instead of ordering the more expensive main volume, you might think about just the Gallery Companion ($19.99). It is chocked full of mostly unpublished photos! and right now, the printer is offering a 15% discount, so that should help with the shipping.......
:idea:

David
-----------------------------
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing...W.E.D. The new Walt Disney World Railroad book is now available on Amazon!
Brian
Engineer

Post by Brian »

Can't wait to see your art work Casey. Good luck on find references take a look at Google Images.
Casey Jones
Passenger

Post by Casey Jones »

Hello Brian,

To be honest I am struggling to get a decent reference. I have tried Google but the images are far too small.

I'm hoping that some kind person here might help me out.

David did you get the 2pm's I sent you?

Sincerely

Tom
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Post by DavidLeaphart »

[quote="Casey Jones"]David did you get the 2pm's I sent you?/quote]

Hi Tom,

Just got them...thanks for your notes.

Check your message on the back frame structure....see what you think.

On the breakdown of the loco: Pages 119 through 122 of the book illustrate "building" the loco. I see from your earlier post that buying the book and shipping to Scotland is expensive.

I'll be glad to email you a copy of those pages. I will like to send them in PDF format, so let me know if you are good with PDF. That should give you a good idea of the construction steps.

Hope this helps you!
David
-----------------------------
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing...W.E.D. The new Walt Disney World Railroad book is now available on Amazon!
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

That is a very kind and generous offer, David!

Tom, you should definitely consider getting one or both of David's books. Maybe you have a friend travelling to the States that could pick them up for you? Or maybe David could send you a set directly, and through a cheaper parcel service?
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
Casey Jones
Passenger

Post by Casey Jones »

Hi David,

I am Sincerely greatful for your kind and generous offer, It means a great deal to me, thank you so much.

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately I don't have any friends travelling in the States, the main problem is I just can't afford them at present but I will endevour to save to buy them sometime in the future.

Sincerely

Tom