It's a Small World Projection Shows

Comments about this board, discussion not related to Disney Railroads
TFN5459
1000 post Engineer

It's a Small World Projection Shows

Post by TFN5459 »

I know during the holidays, that usually there is a little projection show that goes on at it's a small world, but I was curious as to whether The Magic The Memories and You! will replace it this year. Does anyone here know? Thanks
TFN5459

"Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
S. Towler
2000 post Engineer

Re: It's a Small World Projection Shows

Post by S. Towler »

I heard them testing the audio the other night, so the projection show every 15 min. on Small World will still happen. The Magic Memories and You show will still go on scheduled time, probably only twice a night, with a holiday tag put in it.
TFN5459
1000 post Engineer

Post by TFN5459 »

Oh. Its just a shame that there is nothing tied in to the DRR. I was thinking they should make a sheet of snow(projections of snowflakes) being pulled across by the DRR trains and have the lights fade off as it comes across and then come back on once the train is clear.
TFN5459

IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Post by IDMT129 »

my idea is real simple. the train stops in the middle, all the lights focus on it, and the engineer lets loose with the whistle and a steam show. then all the lights go out so guests can see the orange glow of the firebox and all sound should be stopped so the chuff chuff bass of the engine getting under way can be heard. then santa can stand on the last coach and wave to guests.
TFN5459
1000 post Engineer

Post by TFN5459 »

IDMT129 wrote:my idea is real simple. the train stops in the middle, all the lights focus on it, and the engineer lets loose with the whistle and a steam show. then all the lights go out so guests can see the orange glow of the firebox and all sound should be stopped so the chuff chuff bass of the engine getting under way can be heard. then santa can stand on the last coach and wave to guests.

Sounds cool but Im afraid all that light may blind passengers not to mentioned causing serious delays.
TFN5459

Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Post by Locoboy5150 »

IDMT129 wrote:my idea is real simple. the train stops in the middle, all the lights focus on it, and the engineer lets loose with the whistle and a steam show. then all the lights go out so guests can see the orange glow of the firebox and all sound should be stopped so the chuff chuff bass of the engine getting under way can be heard. then santa can stand on the last coach and wave to guests.
That's a nice idea in concept but after having recently just come back from visiting the Magic Kingdom where they have compromised the daily operation of the WDWRR due to shows (fireworks and the park opening show) I would hate to see the DRR affected in any way by performances in the park.

Please, leave actors and the entertainers far, far away from the trains.
"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com