Accucraft Casey Jr. train cars....

Discussion related to modeling any and all of the Disney Railroads, as well as general railroad modeling.
Vaderdentist
Engineer

Accucraft Casey Jr. train cars....

Post by Vaderdentist »

So I got bored and decided to make a Casey Jr. Train. More specifically a generic car I could use to make several different styles of circus car.

These photos are my inspiration. I'm blending elements of the animated train with the water fun zone train cars and the ride at Disneyland. Taking the things I like from each style.

I found some candy/icing silicon molds in scroll designs made by Wiltons and another brand I found at Michaels. I made some scroll elements using a clear casting resin and lay them on my design until I made them work together. Then I drew around the design with a pencil. I know not very scientific. Then I took my design and sketched it onto a piece of 1/16" plywood stock. I used my scroll saw to cut the design out. Glued the resin pieces on and sanded them flush on the edges. I also made some window/door designs using plywood and styrene stock and made silicon molds of all of it. I poured the castings in resin and later demanded. I trimmed them and sanded them. Finally primer and paint.

And Here is the finished car showing both sides. I Made different elements which can be added to both the sides and or the car ends with some slight mods. I will also make a cupola for the roof for use on a different car later. It looks pretty good with the Casey loco.

beckychestney
Passenger

Re: Accucraft Casey Jr. train cars....

Post by beckychestney »

That's great! :D
IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Post by IDMT129 »

Nice job!
Jhanik
Passenger

Post by Jhanik »

Very cool indeed! I'm searching for a Casey Jr just in case you ever know of one that might be available. Thanks! John 8188593500
Vaderdentist
Engineer

Post by Vaderdentist »

thanks fellas. I found my Casey on Ebay
Vaderdentist
Engineer

Post by Vaderdentist »

update on Casey Jr. train: Got the clown car remade (thanks to bad resin) and decorated.....as well as altering the passenger car, elephant car and caboose. Plan to make a tiger cage car in green with the car kit as well as another circus car in White. I might also make a calliope car with the last kit in a new configuration using the same parts.

Vaderdentist
Engineer

Post by Vaderdentist »

Here is the next car in the series: Tiger Cage Car. I've misplaced my metal bars, but this may be my favorite of the cars. I've decided to go the route of Calliope car for the final kit. It should be fun to build. Both cars will also sport gold trim etc....

Vaderdentist
Engineer

Post by Vaderdentist »

more progress. Bars installed

IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Post by IDMT129 »

What are you using as the chassis for the cars? Is it LGB toy trains or shorties?
Vaderdentist
Engineer

Post by Vaderdentist »

LGB short flat cars.