new from Bachmann

Discussion related to modeling any and all of the Disney Railroads, as well as general railroad modeling.
Blacksheep Uncle
Fireman

new from Bachmann

Post by Blacksheep Uncle »

for anybody building DLRR stuff in HO scale this might be useful

if that doesn't work here's the link:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ ... _photo.php

heck, using their Lillie Belle 4-4-0 and these cars they could make a pretty decent DLRR "C.K. Holliday and excursion cars" train set :idea:
mike
"A man came up to me and said, 'Isn't it sad Walt isn't alive to see this?' and I answered, 'He did, and that's why it's here.'" ----Art Linkletter, Disneyland, 7/17/05
S. Towler
2000 post Engineer

Post by S. Towler »

Drool... :shock: I'm gonna get some these for sure!
S. Towler
2000 post Engineer

Post by S. Towler »

This is the PERFECT model for the Excursion cars, it has the right number of rows!! Won't take much more than a paint job to make a perfect train!
S. Towler
2000 post Engineer

Post by S. Towler »

The more I look at it, the more impressed I am of this model! Bachmann did a really good job, I can't say it enough, but this is really the perfect model for Excursion 3.
jazzfan4
2000 post Engineer

Post by jazzfan4 »

I don't know if the same number of rows were used at WDW MK but all ya need is a good locomotive an safety side panels on one side.
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

I agree--I believe it is without question that these cars were, in fact, modeled directly on the Disneyland cars.

The website states they are modeled on Jackson [&] Sharp cars. Jazz, can you find any evidence that such cars were actually built by Jackson & Sharp? In my fairly large railroad library, I can find not one photo of a similar prototype car.

BTW, the Walt Disney World cars are slightly longer, with two more rows of seats.
Last edited by Steve DeGaetano on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
karlg
Conductor

Post by karlg »

With Bachmann doing the Disney HO sets, they are all set now to do a re-paint to get a very nice looking DL car. It is so nice and close in so many details, that I would assume they had this in mind. I would even think/hope they already were working with Disney.

Looking at the pictures in Walt Disney's R.R. Story, this has an identical configuration to the DL cars (WDW has 2 more rows but looks very similar otherwise). The bull nose roof line, the details in the roof, the seats having "wood" slats jump out right away. It also has the identical (to DL) configuration of the two end rows with their different arm rests. The guard rail on the back (were the Drum will go) even has similar spacing of the vertical supports and the way the running board attaches looks identical (same type, spacing, and number of connections to the running board). It is very clear that this is a copy done from the DL excursion car do to all the details; just at a different paint job and an roof fring and you have a very nice copy.

This car looks much better than any of the open "excursion" type cars I have seen before (compared to the old IRON Man cars from about 15 years ago or the WDW HO set from a few years ago which are "toys" by comparison).

My guess is that they will be coming out with a DL/WDW repainted version.

KarlG
karlg
Conductor

Post by karlg »

Steve,

If I hadn't typed as much, I would have beatten you posting that they must be a copy as we posted within the same minute. :)
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

karlg wrote:Steve,

If I hadn't typed as much, I would have beatten you posting that they must be a copy as we posted within the same minute. :)
I have the fastest fingers east of the Mississippi!

I wonder when they're going to make these in On30? Those can't be far off...
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

I've heard it through the grapevine that in fact the car was directly based on the Disneyland excursion cars. I suspect the "Jackson & Sharp" appellation is there to appeal to non-Disney model railroaders.
Steve