WDW RR "Yucatan Jewels" Book is Now Available

Discussion about the Walt Disney World Railroad
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Re: WDW RR "Yucatan Jewels" Book is Now Available

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the great Amazon review of the book! Much appreciated.... :D

For those of you who do get a copy, I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks!
David
-----------------------------
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing...W.E.D. The new Walt Disney World Railroad book is now available on Amazon!
raveoned
Passenger

Post by raveoned »

Sorry for resurrecting an outdated thread, but I just found this book via a search on Barnes & Noble, and just got it last week!

In my first look through the book (yes, I look at the pictures first!), this is amazing! Even highlighting both Baldwin shops (and my parents house was about a 20 minute drive from the site of the Spring Garden shop, and only 10 minutes drive from Eddystone!)

This is what I've been looking for for a long time - a book on the history of those wonderful WDWRR locos, right down to photos of them prior to going to Orlando!

On a side note, there is a long out of print VHS video on steam in Mexico, which has some of those locos in service in the Yucatan in the 1960's!
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

Glad you found it! I think it's really a wonderful book and a great resource.
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml