Lilly Belle is finally home!

Discussion about the Walt Disney World Railroad
No. 4 Fan
Fireman

Re: Lilly Belle is finally home!

Post by No. 4 Fan »

Just testing for now. She has to go thru a pretty extensive break in period before she'll be carrying guests. All the engineers have to go thru update training because she is so different now. The livery will be painted at some point, but we don't know when yet. I am sure there will be more testing over the coming weeks, and your best chance to spot her will be early in the day. She backed off around noon after being out about two hours.
Shane
Steve
Chief Engineer

Post by Steve »

I have heard that Lilly Belle is back out again this morning for more testing, if anyone gets the chance to see her.
No. 4 Fan
Fireman

Post by No. 4 Fan »

She should be out tomorrow morning again, probably around 10-noon.
Shane
Denver Express
Brakeman

Post by Denver Express »

I was there last Thursday but unfortunately I got there in the late afternoon and I missed her being tested, it wasn't until later in the night I learned that she had been doing test runs that morning. :| I did take a peek in the roundhouse and she was in there next to Walter who is indeed being taken apart, her bell was wrapped up and the stack was missing.

It would be nice if someone could video her in action during a test run.
Steve
Chief Engineer

Post by Steve »

I have heard that the Lilly Belle is back out again today for some runs without her steam dome cover. Just in case anyone is out at the Magic Kingdom today.
yerkesmz
Passenger

Post by yerkesmz »

Steve wrote:I have heard that the Lilly Belle is back out again today for some runs without her steam dome cover. Just in case anyone is out at the Magic Kingdom today.
She was just going back in when I got to work today. Still no lettering, at least on the tender.
Steve
Chief Engineer

Post by Steve »

The Lilly Belle progress continues! I have heard that she is back out today, this time with lettering on the tender, even if it is just a temporary vinyl decal until the real paint can be applied. Is anyone there to get a photo?
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

Steve,

I'm not sure that decal is "temporary." I know that they have been using decals on the Big Thunder trains in CA to save money on painting/lettering/striping. Could this technique be the "new normal" for all future projects?
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
Steve
Chief Engineer

Post by Steve »

Steve DeGaetano wrote:I'm not sure that decal is "temporary." I know that they have been using decals on the Big Thunder trains in CA to save money on painting/lettering/striping. Could this technique be the "new normal" for all future projects?
I guess it could be, but from what I heard the fellow that usually paints the graphics just isn't available for a while.
WDWSteamDreamer
Passenger

Post by WDWSteamDreamer »

This is true, I can confirm we have been running Lilly almost everyday this week. We've been bringing her out two or three laps at a time in order to train our cast members. With her updated igniter system and the adjustment to her injectors, she is a little different of an animal then the other locomotives. Target date is the 22nd to have her signed off and out for regular service.