* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Lilly Belle is finally home!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:23 am 
Passenger

The day we have all been waiting for has arrived! Lilly is home. No pictures at this time. We've been instructed that we can't take any photos just yet. But my eyes are not deceiving me. She's home.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Lilly Belle is finally home!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:15 am 
Brakeman

Welcome home Lilly. You have been sorely missed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:45 am 
4000 post Engineer

I'm stunned! :shock:

Thanks for the update and I can't wait to see the WDWRR mogul locomotive chugging around the Magic Kingdom again. I'm also curious if the Strasburg Railroad was able to fix some of the issues that the WDWRR crews had when operating Engine 2. (I was told on my WDWRR tour that Engine 2 was more difficult to operate than the other three WDWRR locomotives.)

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

[email protected]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:28 pm 
8000 post Engineer

Locoboy5150 wrote:
I'm also curious if the Strasburg Railroad was able to fix some of the issues that the WDWRR crews had when operating Engine 2. (I was told on my WDWRR tour that Engine 2 was more difficult to operate than the other three WDWRR locomotives.)

I would be curious to know what it specifically means to be "more difficult to operate."

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:03 pm 
Passenger

Awesome news!!! I have honestly been waiting for my next trip to Orlando to be after she returned, I have been waiting for a long time obviously. I am so excited right now, better start planning soon.

-Walt Disney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:30 pm 
Passenger

Glad to hear she is finally home! What condition did she come back in? Is she put together and ready to run, Or does some of her parts need to be put back on? I took the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour back in August of 2010 just before they were getting ready to send her to Strasburg and I know she had some of her identifying elements missing or covered up. I was wondering if she needed those materials put back on. Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm 
Brakeman

This is such great news, but she will be getting tested for quite sometime before she's actually put back in service again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:34 pm 
Fireman

I am NOT going to verify my source:

My baby's *home*.

:)

Quote:
Glad to hear she is finally home! What condition did she come back in? Is she put together and ready to run, Or does some of her parts need to be put back on? I took the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour back in August of 2010 just before they were getting ready to send her to Strasburg and I know she had some of her identifying elements missing or covered up. I was wondering if she needed those materials put back on. Thanks.
Yep.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm also curious if the Strasburg Railroad was able to fix some of the issues that the WDWRR crews had when operating Engine 2. (I was told on my WDWRR tour that Engine 2 was more difficult to operate than the other three WDWRR locomotives.)

I would be curious to know what it specifically means to be "more difficult to operate."
She had a hard time holding water (in the sight glass); a lot of "rookie" engineers (myself included) had a difficult time keeping the required minimum "two bolts". One of the injectors was *very* hard to operate, and sometimes wouldn't operate at all. So, if you didn't keep an eye on your water level, Lilly would, basically shut down - sometimes in the middle of a run (if you didn't pay attention).

I learned my engineering on Lilly, and, honestly, thought I was pretty good with her. My (ex) girlfriend and I operated the Belle on most weekends between 2005 and 2007, doing the morning welcome show, and, when she was the "third train", I always requested to run her (didn't always get her, but, I did request her...LOL).

Lilly was my *favorite*. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:38 pm 
3000 post Engineer

Main Steet Jim wrote:
I am NOT going to verify my source:

pffft.....the monorail guys obviously mistook a similar looking engine for Lilly Belle again. Remember, she is being held hostage because WDW refuses to pay for the work. Obviously, it is the Davenport Ward Kimball we are looking at here. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:10 pm 
Passenger

Any potential return to steam date?

Profile E-mail  

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next