That "viewing" area by Space Mountain

Discussion about the Walt Disney World Railroad
ktulu
Fireman

That "viewing" area by Space Mountain

Post by ktulu »

We all know the spot, where Disney put up the bushes blocking the view of the passing trains. When we visited last week, there were some tents setup in that area and you could rent these as a "cabana" for around $700/day. They had couches and drinks/snacks setup. No view of the passing trains :(

Anyway, given the number of people we saw that had paid for plaids to lead them around, and at least one family with a lanyard for the cabana's, it might be around for a while...
jbponzi
Brakeman

Re: That "viewing" area by Space Mountain

Post by jbponzi »

Others who have much more current and up to date contacts than in my contact list, have indicated this is a test. The word that has been bantered about has this cabana mouse thing around within Star Wars Land (or whatever the name will be). The House of Mouse of today will surely expand this to other areas as well, if it is popular and another $650/day can be made.

Here's what may not yet know about the cabana's. Your $650/day does not guarantee you an exclusive spot for the day. Just the chance to use one if there is one available.
Justin
Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Post by Locoboy5150 »

It looks like us commoners (poor people) can still get good photos and video in that area though, as shown in this thread from Ktulu:

http://www.burnsland.com/disneyrailroad ... f=1&t=5261

I haven't been to WDW in several years. Are the cabanas closer to Space Mountain than Fantasyland Station?
"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com
ktulu
Fireman

Post by ktulu »

Locoboy5150 wrote:It looks like us commoners (poor people) can still get good photos and video in that area though, as shown in this thread from Ktulu:

http://www.burnsland.com/disneyrailroad ... f=1&t=5261

I haven't been to WDW in several years. Are the cabanas closer to Space Mountain than Fantasyland Station?
The Cabana's are between the Space Mountain entrance and the bathroom building. The walkway to fantasyland is where I got my video, that area is still wide open!
Cannonball7
1000 post Engineer

Post by Cannonball7 »

Are you guys talking about WDW? ...and if so, the area in front of and to the right of Space Mountain?
ktulu
Fireman

Post by ktulu »

Cannonball7 wrote:Are you guys talking about WDW? ...and if so, the area in front of and to the right of Space Mountain?
Correct!
Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Post by Locoboy5150 »

Ooooh, OK - now I got it. I thought that the cabanas were somewhere between Space Mountain and Fantasyland Station. They're on the opposite side of Space Mountain. Thanks for clearing that up.

As long as we (and our cameras) get a clear view of the WDWRR, then I'm happy.
"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com
Cannonball7
1000 post Engineer

Post by Cannonball7 »

On one of the Behind the Steam Train tours, I was told the bushes and trees are there because the steam engines are counter to the theming in Tomorrowland. So, Disney deliberately obscures them from view when guests are in that part of the park.
IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Post by IDMT129 »

Makes sense. Look how the DRR hides the Tomorrowland Station behind Autopia and Innovations.
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

IDMT129 wrote:Makes sense. Look how the DRR hides the Tomorrowland Station behind Autopia and Innovations.
That makes no sense. Where else area they supposed to put the station? You might as well say that Frontierland/NOS station at DL is hidden because it's so far on the outskirts of the land.
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml