* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Actual FWRR Car On eBay
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:56 pm 
Brakeman

I'm sure some of you may have stumbled across this already but I figured that I would post a link in case you haven't seen it.

This looks like they have done a pretty nice job on it from the few pictures that are posted. I think it's a really far stretch to remotely even consider the value being $989,000 although he is taking offers on it.

I'm sure the seller is proud of the restoration and although I'm proabably not the best person to put a price on it, I'd say he may be a little more in line at $10,000-$15,000. The history itself has some value but like a lot of things, people pay way more for a restoration than what the overall value may be for something that they want to hold onto. Hopefully it can find a home if the guy truly wants to part with it after putting the time and money into the restoration. At that price I suspect he may have it a little while longer. It's really good that someone has preserved one of these for future generations to see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222613456153

Post subject: Re: Actual FWRR Car On eBay
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:51 am 
8000 post Engineer

Yeah...slightly over-priced. The Norfolk Southern coaches--full-size standard gauge cars--recently sold at auction for between $160,000 and $275,000. And those prices were deemed to be far more than the coaches' worth.

http://www.blackmonauctions.com/equipme ... enger-cars

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Actual FWRR Car On eBay
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:04 am 
4000 post Engineer

I sure hope that it goes to a good home. Hopefully it can be reunited with one of the FWRR locomotives.

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

[email protected]

Profile E-mail  

[ 3 posts ]