MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comments about this board, discussion not related to Disney Railroads
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

Tommy Gray wrote:I now see you really do need to open the back and look for the serial numbers on the works to ID the watch. I'm just not brave enough to do that yet.
It's not difficult, Tommy. Just put the watch face (crystal) down in your left palm (assuming you're right-handed), place your right-hand open palm on the back side, and using pressure from your palm, rotate the back counter-clockwise. It will screw off. You should be able to see the serial number. If it's a railroad watch (and it sounds like it is), you'll need to do the same thing to the crystal side in order to set the watch.

Go to this website and plug in the number. You'll find everything you want to know.

https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/ ... r/hamilton
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
Tommy Gray
Conductor

Post by Tommy Gray »

Thanks for the help here Steve. I was expecting to have to use a small screwdriver to lift open the backside, but this sounds much better. I'll try this when I get back to the office tomorrow.
Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Post by Locoboy5150 »

Steve DeGaetano wrote:Elliott, what kind of watches do you collect? I was lucky enough to get a nice Hamilton 992B Railway Special pocket watch for Christmas (I must have been a gooood boy!)
Congratulations on that fantastic addition Steve! I wasn't *that* good of a boy this year. :D

I collect mainly dive watches. I don't know why really as I'm not a diver, but since I was a kid I've always been fascinated by them and their chunky looks. It probably has a lot to do with this guy wearing a Rolex Submariner:

Unfortunately, I don't have the budget for a Rolex in my collection though. I collect mainly Seiko and Citizen dive watches. This big guy and his Seiko dive watch (today known by fellow dive watch collectors as the Seiko "Arnie") were also an early influence in my taste in time pieces:

"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com