Should the Disney railroads operate like real railroads?

Discussion about Disney Railroads in general
cornhusker
Passenger

Re: Should the Disney railroads operate like real railroads?

Post by cornhusker »

Late reply but i like the fact that the DLRR is not operated like a real railroad. I like the escape from real railroading. Real railroading is extremely boring! I dont know how CALOSHA is in regards to the DLRR but you do not want anything to do with the FRA. Safety is what the carriers preach for liability reasons. Massive fatigue, intimidation and retaliation is normal everyday business with carriers AND the FRA.
Engineer for the BNSF since 2006
IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Re: Should the Disney railroads operate like real railroads?

Post by IDMT129 »

Cal OSHA is the reason the Wicked Wench has hand rails so the audio-animatronic pirates don't fall over board. Cal OSHA had a hand rail installed for C-3PO on Star Tours even though Disney execs felt he would lean on it. Cal OSHA had George Lucas install an emergency shut off to the Death Star super laser. Cal OSHA shut the interior of Space Mountain down for months when a worker slipped on the OUTSIDE of the mountain and twisted his ankle. Cal OSHA is the reason the water tower at New Orleans Station has to be accessed by a special gurney or not used at all and the tender filled with a water hose instead of the workers climbing on the tender.