Retlaw Combine 101

Discussion related to modeling any and all of the Disney Railroads, as well as general railroad modeling.
rjlukas22
Passenger

Retlaw Combine 101

Post by rjlukas22 »

Hello everyone! I figured it was about time I came out of the shadows and presented the project I've been working on! A few years ago, I stumbled upon this board after becoming fascinated by Walt Disney's passion for trains and seeing Dave Sheegog's incredible layout in Garden Railways. I've been passionate about trains for as long as I could remember, and it is always really inspiring to see the works of others in this hobby as they are truly works of art.
After reading through some of the posts in this section, I found inspiration for my first Disney related train project. I had an old Bachmann Jackson Sharp combine car that I got from a friend that I was planning to just use for parts. However, why waste a good passenger car when you can create something great out of it! I started doing research on the Retlaw 1 combine car, using every photo I could find online. From there I took a shot at creating the most accurate representation I could of the combine as she sits today.
I just thought it was only appropriate that I share my work, as many of you have inspired me to create it!

I'll try to get some photos of the interior as well, the camera wasn't cooperating with me today.
Blacksheep Uncle
Fireman

Re: Retlaw Combine 101

Post by Blacksheep Uncle »

sorry, you probably are not going to have much luck sharing pics from Photobucket unless you have signed up for their $500.00 a year hosting plan :evil:
mike
"A man came up to me and said, 'Isn't it sad Walt isn't alive to see this?' and I answered, 'He did, and that's why it's here.'" ----Art Linkletter, Disneyland, 7/17/05
rjlukas22
Passenger

Post by rjlukas22 »

Darn.... well maybe this will work instead?

Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

I still don't get anything.

I can't believe what Photobucket did...
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
rjlukas22
Passenger

Post by rjlukas22 »

Hmmmm, well any suggestions on what I could do? Still getting the hang of this.
S. Towler
2000 post Engineer

Post by S. Towler »

I uses google photos for my uploads now... I hate photobucket
jsalmans
Passenger

Post by jsalmans »

I was able to open those newer ones you posted by right clicking and opening in a new window.

I'm still a little unclear on the Photobucket thing. I've been seeing broken images all over the internet but the 3D modeling pictures I posted in my drivers thread are hosted on Photobucket and they're showing up fine.
rjlukas22
Passenger

Post by rjlukas22 »

Alright, I think I figured this out now. Third times the charm!

IDMT129
3000 post Engineer

Post by IDMT129 »

very nicely done model.
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

Now I see them! Yes, very nicely done. Beautiful colors. Did you use decals? How did you decorate the corner posts?
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml