FTW RR Books are available....

Extinct railroad at Walt Disney World
Steve
Chief Engineer

Re: FTW RR Books are available....

Post by Steve »

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to it, especially since I never did get the first edition.
Roy
2000 post Engineer

Post by Roy »

Between the two of you, I expect some really good books about the railroads at Walt Disney World. 8)
tcaron20
Brakeman

Post by tcaron20 »

Hey Dave,

Will you have copies at this year's Unmeeting in Orlando?

Thanks!

Tom C
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Hey Tom,

Yes, I do plan to bring copies to the Un-Meeting. I'll poll folks ahead of time to get a feel for how many sets to bring.

Looking forward to October!

David
-----------------------------
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing...W.E.D. The new Walt Disney World Railroad book is now available on Amazon!
SerriaRailwayMatt3
Brakeman

Post by SerriaRailwayMatt3 »

Are these books still out there for purchase. I would like the have a copy of both the first and soon 2nd copy of these books
Proud Supporter Of The New Norfolk Southern Railroad 21st Century Steam Program
Formerly know here as under the username Matt3985
Roy
2000 post Engineer

Post by Roy »

SerriaRailwayMatt3 wrote:Are these books still out there for purchase. I would like the have a copy of both the first and soon 2nd copy of these books
Matt,

The information you seek is on the first page of this thread.
SerriaRailwayMatt3
Brakeman

Post by SerriaRailwayMatt3 »

Oh I see. Thanks for the info. By the way, nice website you have there. I wish the Fort Wilderness Railroad was still there track and all but at least the engines, cars, and people who run the railroad are still with us today to remember the days when this railroad was there.
Proud Supporter Of The New Norfolk Southern Railroad 21st Century Steam Program
Formerly know here as under the username Matt3985
narrowgauge7.25
Passenger

Post by narrowgauge7.25 »

David
Got my books, in England, earlier this week have read them all. I like the first two they are a great source of info, not as keen on the art one. Only minor complaints I would have like a scale on drawings and the fuel tank being cut off the drawings. But I would certainly recommend them to anyone with any interest in the railway.

I aim to build a 7 1/4" gauge live steam version starting when I retire next January. Drawings are now on the way thanks to your books.

Martyn
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Hi NarrowGauge,

Glad you enjoyed the books...

Turns out the drawings are to scale if that helps. I placed the reference dimensions on page 118. The drawings on pages 119 to 122 are 34.8" per inch.

Sorry about the fuel tank...I wanted to get as much of the locomotive body on the cutaway pages (119-122) as possible.

Sounds like an exciting retirement is in store for you! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

David
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing...W.E.D. The new Walt Disney World Railroad book is now available on Amazon!
DavidLeaphart
Conductor

Post by DavidLeaphart »

Hi NarrowGauge,

I realized after replying to your posting, I didn't completely respond to your note on the scale drawing.

The cutaway drawings in the book were done to illustrate the construction of the locomotive proper. So I concentrated on the body and not on items like the fuel tank illustration.

To give a full representation of the consist, I'll post on my web site a scale drawing of the consist which includes the fuel tank. Hopefully, that will help you with your building plans.

I'll try to get this done this weekend. Check the website early next week for the link to the consist drawing.

Take care,
David