Lilly Belle is finally home!

Discussion about the Walt Disney World Railroad
WDWSteamDreamer
Passenger

Re: Lilly Belle is finally home!

Post by WDWSteamDreamer »

This one was taken a few laps later by my good friend Leo. Not my best picture in the cab, but the subject matter is all that counts. Lol

https://scontent-mia1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=58F92D0E
Denver Express
Brakeman

Post by Denver Express »

Locoboy5150 wrote: I thought that the cross head pump was going to be removed during the rebuild. I thought that I heard that somewhere. It's been *so* long though, I can't remember. :P It's great to see it in place where it belongs though.
The feed water heater was removed though, and the crosshead pump's water hammer piping now runs directly to the check valve on the boiler like how it used to be before the feed water heaters were installed. I think it actually looks better that way even though the water heater had improved fuel efficiency which is why George Britton came up with the idea. Albeit Lilly Belle was the first to have the water heater.
WDWSteamDreamer
Passenger

Post by WDWSteamDreamer »

The crosshead pump you see is only for looks. There are no internals to it. The feed pipe to it is not hooked up to anything and the pipe leading up and into the boiler is capped internally. She gets all of her fresh water via injectors now.
Denver Express
Brakeman

Post by Denver Express »

Wow that I didn't know. Still glad to see they've kept it even though it's just for looks.

And nice shot of Lilly's cab. :) I see her throttle has been tilted like on Roy.
Cannonball7
1000 post Engineer

Post by Cannonball7 »

Wow...Miss Lilly looks amazing! Truly stunning to see her...it is like she is fresh off the assembly line.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Steve DeGaetano
8000 post Engineer

Post by Steve DeGaetano »

The engine does look beautiful--I think she may be my favorite. But it's sad to hear about the gutted crosshead pump.
Steve

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml
Denver Express
Brakeman

Post by Denver Express »

Look what I found on youtube everyone!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_FDP74P_II
Locoboy5150
4000 post Engineer

Post by Locoboy5150 »

Cool video of Engine 2 in regular service - thanks for the link! It's great to see three trains in operation on the WDWRR just in time for the Christmas crowds.

So, for the WDWRR Cast Members here, what is it like to operate the Lilly Belle now? Is it any different compared to before the long refurbishment?
"Hello folks. Welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad."

- Thurl Ravenscroft 1914-2005 -

Locoboy5150@hotmail.com
Cannonball7
1000 post Engineer

Post by Cannonball7 »

Great seeing all the engines on the line. "Lilly Belle" looks and sounds great!

I wonder when they're going to re-allign the consists so that she has her passenger cars back?
yerkesmz
Passenger

Post by yerkesmz »

Cannonball7 wrote:Great seeing all the engines on the line. "Lilly Belle" looks and sounds great!

I wonder when they're going to re-allign the consists so that she has her passenger cars back?
As of now, they don't bring her out unless they REALLY need a third train. And I mean REALLY need. But they still need the show train, which is why Roy still pulls it.