Welcome to Burnsland, a collection of photography and stories from different places we have been over the years, original art, photo tips, and more. We hope you enjoy seeing the interesting places we have visited and reading more about them! Sometimes the places are far away, but sometimes the places are near to our home, and there have been several Disney trips and cruises, too. You never know what you might find wherever you happen to be. Enjoy!
We visited Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Gatlinburg, Tennessee, with our good friends the Riedels.
Our 2021 Florida Trip Report continues the first of two days that we spent enjoying the sand and sun at Cocoa Beach.
The Burnsland Podcast returns with a slight change – a new cohost. Laura joins Steve for the first time in this episode.
During our 2021 Florida Trip, we spent Sunday afternoon at the condo pool and then at Disney Springs for some shopping and dining.
Chairs for relaxing surround the swimming pool in Florida. And Mobius the Goat is taking full advantage of one of those chairs.
For the second day of our 2021 Florida trip, we reached our destination, did some shopping, and got things ready for the week ahead.
Uncle Sam wishes you a happy American Independence Day. Yes, that is actually Mobius the Goat, but he likes being patriotic.
Looking for more? See all of the Burnsland posts.
Email Newsletter and Free eBook
Don’t miss a thing! Get notifications of new posts and other useful information delivered right to your email inbox! It is free and easy to do. Just sign up on the handy form, and then watch your email for messages! Plus, get a free Disney Cruise eBook just for joining!
- A Visit to Great Smoky Mountains National Park - We visited Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Gatlinburg, Tennessee, with our good friends the Riedels.
- Lego Dragon at Disney Springs - A dragon made of Lego blocks at sunset in Disney Springs at Walt Disney World.
- Walking Across the Mississippi River - Taking a Walk Have you ever wanted to walk across the Mississippi River? Not like walking on water. I mean walking on a bridge, silly. Honestly, I had not thought too much about it. But then they opened the Big River Crossing ...
- Daily Photo: Crossroads of the World - One of the first sights you see when entering Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World is the Crossroads of the World. This is based on a very similar tower in the real Hollywood in California. Except that this one ...
- Chip N Dale in the Plaza at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom - A statue of the chipmunks Chip N Dale is found in the Central Plaza of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, with Cinderella Castle in the background. When work first started to enlarge the Central Plaza (often referred to as ...
- Are There Palm Trees in Mexico? - Yes, There Are Sometimes it is interesting to look at some of the search terms that lead people here to the Burnsland website. One of those terms that has come up more than once is "are there palm trees in Mexico." ...
Listen to the new Burnsland Podcast, with stories and reflections on life and other happenings. Available at all the usual podcast places!
Where Have We Been?
Where in the world have we been? Check out the Burnsland Map to find out. Click on a pin to see photos and stories from that location.
About the author
Husband, father, photographer, webmaster, Christian. Steve enjoys sharing his photography and stories of places he and his wife Laura have visited here at Burnsland.com. Sometimes they travel as a family of three with their son, or sometimes just as a couple. Steve is also
Steve and Laura enjoy beaches, Disney, cruises, nature trails, scenic views, and history. They live with their son and assorted animals in Williston, Tennessee. Read more at the About Burnsland page.